Summer @ KSMA!
Summer Camps @ Kanack 2020
Interested in the Creative Ability Development Teacher Training and Workshop? Click here!
We will be having camps this summer! Scroll to the bottom of this page or click here to read about our safety plans based on the CDC guidelines.
Plans for reopening for Summer 2020
Our plan for the NYS Phase 4 reopening follows the very strict guidelines as set forth by the CDC for schools. The following is a guide to how KSMA will meet those CDC requirements in order to safely run multiple camp offerings this summer. The dates of our camps have been shifted to accommodate the likely start of Phase 4, with our first camp set to open July 6th. Please note that private lessons will continue via Zoom throughout the summer. Look below for details about the individual camps we will be offering.
- KSMA will create an outdoor campus utilizing one large tent and multiple smaller ones. This will allow for the best possible ventilation.
- KSMA will maintain a social distance of 6 feet between students at all times (utilizing duct tape, chairs, and blankets to delineate). Limits on age and number of participants will be used to facilitate this as well.
- Daily morning health checks for symptoms and history of exposure will be built into the schedule and will be required of all participants, faculty, and staff.
- Masks will be required of everyone.
- Bathrooms and sinks will be sanitized throughout the day. Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations around the campus.
- Food will not be served or shared at the camp (students will bring their own).
- All classes will take place out of doors. The school will keep all windows and doors open throughout the day for good ventilation during necessary bathroom breaks.
- Social distancing will also be enabled by small ensembles (no chorus or orchestra).
- All employees will be trained in health and safety protocols.
- Local updates on policies and procedures will be strictly followed and communicated to participants, families, faculty, and staff.
- If a student becomes ill during the duration of camp, tuition will be refunded for any unused portion.
We have thought long and carefully about protecting the safety of our families, while still being able to offer camps that will bring joy to our students. You will see several changes we have added to serve both of these purposes.
Please register soon if you intend to come to any of the camps as we will need to plan, hire faculty, and acquire supplies as soon as possible. Or, if you have previously registered, please let us know which camp(s) you would like to attend. Feel free to email us with any questions you may have.
Alice & Andy